Strategic planning aims to eliminate costly mistakes that could imperil your business organization. A well-conceived strategic plan can help your company through the following ways:
* It lets you apply resources where they are needed
* It establishes practices that have worked well in the past
* It allows you to maximize benefits from the investments
* It allows you to realistically assess if a result can be achieved within the timeframe specified and with the resources that need to be allocated
* It reveals internal and external forces and business drivers that may affect the organization’s customers, products, and, ultimately, its business practices
* It links the stated goals with the actions the company has to take in order to achieve those goals.
Following is a simple framework that will allow you to quickly and easily create your company’s strategic plan.
1. Lay the foundation.
* Define the plan’s scope.
* Identify plan outcomes, goals, and objectives.
* Determine the timeframe for developing the plan.
* Identify key participants in developing the plan.
* Map advocacy for the plan.
* …Read More